DESIGNED FOR THE LIFE OF THE ENGINE. 5 YEARS / NO MILEAGE LIMIT WARRANTY
NO MOVING PARTS. NO BALL BEARING. NO SERVICE INTERVAL.
Prevent costly engine failure by eliminating problematic ball-bearings or roller-bearings by backdating your IMS with a permanent, pressure fed oil lubricated plain bearing, just like in an aircooled Porsche. This patented design is the last IMS bearing you will ever need. Brought to you by the team that developed the original and often imitated IMS Retrofit™, the IMS Solution is the only permanent solution to catastrophic IMS bearing failures by complete omission of the problematic single row ball bearing and now the dual row ball bearing.
The IMS Solution became the first Patented IMS Retroit product on the market, granted US Patent 8,992,089 B2 on March 31, 2015. The IMS Solution is also protected by US Patent 9,416,697 B2 and US Patent 9,909,469.
WHY BUY AN IMS RETROFIT FROM LN ENGINEERING?
As of 2020, with 35,000 IMS Retrofit and 3000 IMS Solutions installed since 2008, our IMS bearing replacements are the most trusted and used by hundreds of independent mechanics and dealerships worldwide.
LN Engineering offers fast and free shipping and has industry leading technical support. We also an IMS bearing replacement tool rental program, available exclusively to retail customers who purchase their IMS Retrofit or IMS Solution from the LN Engineering website.
AS FEATURED ON MOTOR TREND’S WHEELER DEALERS
IMS SOLUTION AS PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE:
- IMS replacement takes an average of 10-14 hours and requires the transmission to be removed. Tipronic 911 models require the engine and transmission to be removed as a complete unit to be able to separate engine and gearbox.
- Typically coupled with clutch and other maintenance such as replacement of RMS, AOS, Water Pump, Dual Mass Flywheel, etc.
- If an engine failure occurs, rebuilds take 60+ hours and can cost tens of thousands of dollars to fix. Once the IMS bearing has started to fail, it cannot be replaced safely as wear metal from the original bearing can damage the replacement bearing or other internal engine components.
- Engines must be pre-qualified prior to bearing replacement. To learn more about pre-qualification, visit https://lnengineering.com/products/ims-bearing-installation-tools/ims-pre-qualification.html
HOW DO YOU INSTALL THE IMS SOLUTION?
WHAT FACTORY BEARING DOES MY ENGINE HAVE?
- 1997-1999: This engine featured a dual row bearing IMS.
- 2000-2001: These engines came from the factory with either a dual row or a single row bearing IMS. A single row flange measures 19.27mm deep and a dual row flange measures 13.34mm deep.
- 2002-2005: This engine featured a single row bearing IMS. Some late production 2005 models will have a non-servicable IMS.
- 2006-2008: These engines were fitted with a larger bearing, readiliy identifiable by the 22mm center nut, that is not serviceable without a complete teardown of the engine. Removal of the IMS bearing grease seal will ensure proper lubrication of the original bearing.
- If the engine in your car has been replaced, it will have whatever IMS bearing was in production for that model year of manufacture for the replacement engine.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF FREE TOOL RENTAL WHEN PURCHASING YOUR IMS SOLUTION FROM LN ENGINEERING
Note: Free basic technical support is provided through our ticketing system. Assistance with the IMS procedure is not provided outside of directives and videos provided online. Advanced Technical Support (ATS) is a paid service where you can speak to an actual technician experienced with the IMS procedure and your vehicle to assist in case you run into a problem you cannot solve on your own.