BTR-3 Bluetooth Retrofit™ Kit for MOST Fiberoptic Audio Systems
For 911, Boxster & Cayman vehicles 2003 through 2012. The idea is simple; include EVERYTHING in a kit to make the installation DIY simple and provide functionality of streaming or taking calls via Bluetooth while charging your smart phone. No cords or external chargers – powers up when you turn the key on! For 2003 – 2011 era factory head units with the MOST fiberoptic ring. Perfect for enthusiasts who don’t want to add an aftermarket head unit to stream Bluetooth – our kit retains the factory head unit OEM look.
- Keep the factory look – head unit remains in place!
- Bluetooth hands-free, A2DP music streaming
- Make/Take Calls – Hands Free using provided mic
- USB / SD Card Music Playback
- Supports up to 64 Gb FAT32 Card
- Up to 5 folders with 999 songs in each
- Song filename displayed
- .mp3 and .wma music file supported
- Full integration with PCM menu
For the following head units:
For the following 2003 – 2012 cars:
- Porsche® 996.2 / 997 (911) Carrera / C2 / C4 / Targa / Cabrio / GT3 / Turbo / GT2
- Porsche® 987.1 and 987.2 Boxster / Cayman
BTR-3 Kit Contents:
- Bluetooth Main Unit
- Mic Unit and cable
- Aux connector cable
- FO Connector cable to head unit CD port
- FO Connector loop cable for CD Changer
- 12V Wiring kit
- Removal Keys for single-DIN Head Units
- Zip ties, 3M tape, etc.
- Step by Step Illustrated Installation Instructions (emailed with purchase)
- Remove panel in frunk – add FO loop cable to CD Changer Connector
- Pull out head unit (use provided removal keys for CDR-23).
- Remove side panels to console.
- Route FO Connectors and Wires behind the console and secure
- Connect up 2 power wires to existing wiring with T-taps provided.
- Connect BT Main Unit to head unit with supplied FO connectors.
- Mount BT Main Unit.